Monday, July 7, 2014

Makeup Review: Elf vs Rimmel Eyeliner

 
 
Hey everyone! Sorry that I haven't posted these past couple of days. I spent the week in Ocean City, Maryland (I'll tell you guys more about that next post).
 
So today I am here to talk to you all about another one of the products that I recently got in my mini haul post as well as an eyeliner that I previously used in the makeup tutorial post for Iggy Azalea.
 
 
 
 

The first eyeliner that is in this review is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner. I bought this because it said that it was waterproof, and I really like wearing waterproof wakeup for when it's hot outside or when I'm at the beach. There were some positives to this eyeliner, one of them being that I really liked the tip of this eyeliner. If you really want a smooth and precise line, then this is very easy to do with this product. Also, it wasn't too over the top price-wise; it was only $6. However, there were a few cons to this mascara.
 
The first is the color. I got black eyeliner, so I expected the color to be very dark and very bold. However, it did not turn out that way at all; this eyeliner was very dull compared to other eyeliners that I have used in the past.

The second red flag was that it did not stay on as long as I expected it to. I was outside for about 4 hours after applying my eyeliner. When I went to the mirror, I could easily see that it was already starting to come off.
Overall, I would give this eyeliner a 3 out of 5.

The second eyeliner was ELF Studio Precision Eyeliner in black. I personally got this because it was a steal of a price, only $3.  Then the idea came to my mind "hey I might as well try it". I was thoroughly surprised. The color was exactly what I wanted, a bold jet black.

There were a few things that I didn't personally like with it. It does stay on well and for a long time, but you have to be careful because it smudges/ is very messy and does not dry very quickly at all. I remember putting it on and the have it all on my upper eyelid within a minute. But otherwise, this eyeliner was surprisingly a very good eyeliner.
Overall, I would give Elf's eyeliner slight edge over Rimmel's eyeliner and give it a 4 out of 5.
 
Which means, (drum roll please) the winner is... ELF's Precision Eyeliner!
 
Give both of these eyeliners a try and comment below which one you think is the winner.
Also, let me know what makeup products you guys recommend me try out and review! Make sure you subscribe and I'll see you guys soon!

 
 
ELF Studio Precision Eyeliner:
 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner:

No comments:

Post a Comment